Special Pay Program (Accession Bonus)
- Provides a maximum of $25,000 in cash payments each year for 3 years to qualified Physicians, Dentists and Clinical Psychologists.
- Provides a maximum of $20,000 in cash payments each year for 3 years to qualified Physicians Asstistant and Social Workers.
- Provides a maximum of $5,000 in cash payments each year for 3 years to qualified Aeromedical Evacuation Pilots.
Health Professional Loan Repayment Plan (HPLRP)
- Provides a maximum of $40,000 per year for 6 years for a total of $240,000 for a lifetime cap to qualified Physicians and Dentists.
- Provides a maximum of $25,000 per year for 3 years for a total of $75,000 for a lifetime cap to qualified Physicians Asstistant, Clinical Psychologists and Social Workers.
Participation DOES NOT incur an Active Duty obligation when finished.
Participation DOES NOT require you to remain in state where you initially signed for the program.
Participation requires normal attendance (39 days per year) with the Army National Guard for the year immediately following each payment.
Tuition Assistance & Other Benefits
FEDERAL TUITION ASSISTANCE: Members of the Army National Guard receive $4,500 each academic year (up to $250 per semester hour or $167 per quarter hour for up to four years while attending school. Tax free!
STATE TUITION ASSISTANCE: Benefits vary from state to state. See your state Education Officer for details. Tax free!
GI BILL: Full time students are eligible (includes medical/dental students) for $329 a month for 36 months. (May not be taken in conjunction with Federal Tuition Assistance)
TRAINING: You will be required to attend a three-week Officer Basic Training course that can be done in lieu of Annual Training and may have the opportunity to attend other medical/dental military training. NO BASIC TRAINING REQUIRED.
RETIREMENT: You will participate in a non-contributory Reserve Component federal retirement program that will provide you with an annuity after twenty years of service. (start paying at age 60)
LOW COST GROUP LIFE INSURANCE: For $29 a month you will receive $400,000 of life insurance that covers you on and off duty. You can also choose smaller amounts of coverage for a smaller fee.
TRICARE RESERVE SELECT: As a member of the Guard, you will be eligible to purchase health insurance for you and your family for only $210.83 per month.